** The City has issued Bid Addendum No. 1, March 16, 2018 **
For a copy of Addendum No. 1 see related documents at the bottom of the web page.
NOTICE INVITING BIDS
1. The City of Soledad (“Owner”) will accept sealed bids for its Metz Road Traffic Calming Project (“Project”), by or before Wednesday, March 21, 2018, at 11:00a.m., at City Hall, located at 248 Main Street, Soledad, California 93960, at which time the bids will be publicly opened and read aloud. Owner reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive any non-substantive irregularities.
2. This Project requires a valid California Class ‘A’ contractor’s license that constitutes a majority of the work, allowing the Contractor or Subcontractor to perform the work allocated prior to award of Contract as approved by Council.
3. No contractor or subcontractor may be listed on a bid proposal for this project unless registered with the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to Labor Code Section 1725.5 (with limited exceptions from this requirement for bid purposes only under Labor Code Section 1771.1(a)). No contractor or subcontractor may be awarded a contract for this project unless registered with the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to Labor Code Section 1725.5. This project is subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the Department of Industrial Relations. All bids should include the State Registration number on the outside of the envelope/bid package. City will not open bids that are missing the above State Registration number on the outside of the envelope and will return the unopened bid to the bidder.
5. The work includes the construction of curb bulbouts at the intersections of Walker Drive and Metz Road, Belle Street and Metz Road, and just west of Third Street and Metz Road. The construction of the curb bulbouts will include replacement/construction of concrete curb and gutter, valley gutter, sidewalk, and curb ramps. In addition, the work will also include asphalt concrete repair, crack filling, slurry seal, and roadway striping. Engineer’s Estimate - $500,000.
6. Each bid must be submitted using the Bid Proposal Form provided with the Contract Documents. Each Bid Proposal must be accompanied by bid security of ten percent (10%) of the maximum bid amount, in the form of a cashier’s or certified check made payable to Owner, or a bid bond executed by a surety licensed to do business in the State of California on the Bid Bond form included with the Contract Documents. The bid security shall guarantee that upon award of the bid, the bidder shall execute the contract and submit payment and performance bonds and insurance certificates as required by the Contract Documents within ten (10) days following notice of award of the Contract.
7. This Project is subject to the prevailing wage requirements applicable to the locality in which the Work is to be performed for each craft, classification or type of worker needed to perform the Work, including employer payments for health and welfare, pension, vacation, apprenticeship and similar purposes. These prevailing rates are available online at http://www.dir.ca.gov/DLSR. Each Contractor and Subcontractor must pay no less than the specified rates to all workers employed to work on the Project. The schedule of per diem wages is based upon a working day of eight (8) hours. The rate for holiday and overtime work shall be at least time and one-half.
8. Performance and payment bonds will be required of the successful bidder.
9. The substitution of appropriate securities in lieu of retention amounts from progress payments is permitted in accordance with Public Contract Code Section 22300.
10. Pursuant to Public Contract Code Section 4104 each Bid Proposal must include the name and location of the place of business of each subcontractor who shall perform work or service or fabricate or install work for the prime contractor in excess of one-half of one percent (½ of 1%) of the bid price, using the Subcontractor List form included with the Contract Documents.
11. Bids are required for the entire work described herein. Bids will be compared on the basis of the base bid items. The lowest bid shall be the lowest bid price on the base contract without consideration of the prices on the additive or deductive items, if any.
12. No bid may be withdrawn for a period of sixty (60) days after the date set for the opening for bids except as provided pursuant to Public Contract Code Sections 5100 et seq.
13. Additional information is provided in the Instructions and Information for Bidders, which should be carefully reviewed by all bidders prior to submitting a Bid Proposal.
. It is the bidder's responsibility to advise the project engineer that they downloaded the contract documents and are a bidder-of-record to ensure they receive any addendums. Please see related documents at the bottom of the web page below to download Bid Package
By: Don Wilcox, PE
2/28/2018 8:00 AM
3/21/2018 11:00 AM