The Finance Department works under the direction of the City Manager for the City of Soledad. It is the goal of the Finance Department is to maintain accurate financial information so that the city staff and Soledad City Council can make informed financial decisions. The Finance Department is responsible for the preparation of the annual budget. Also, the Finance Department works with external auditors to make sure a timely audit of the city’s financial records is completed. The Finance Department is also active evaluating current lease arrangements.
The City Council has delegated management authority and responsibility for implementing the investment policy to the Finance Director, who will establish written procedures for the operation of the investment program consistent with this investment policy and the requirements of applicable laws.
- Lead the preparation of the Annual Budget
- Provide monthly financial information to the departments
- Work with current information technology provider to ensure the City receives the best service possible
- Work with the Utility Billing staff to manage the Accounts Receivable
- Perform a Mid-Year review and report to the council
- Oversee the wind-down of the former Redevelopment Agency (RDA) and prepare and submit the annual Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule (ROPS) to the Department of Finance
We are excited that you’ve decided to start a business in Soledad. Our business license process is pretty straight forward.
- Download the business license packet here:
2. Fill out all the required information be sure to take notice of the extra required documents that might apply to your business on the first page.
3. Send the completed form and any additional documents to firstname.lastname@example.org OR come into City Hall to deliver in person. If submitting electronically, someone from the Finance Department will reach back out to you over email to complete the process.
If you have questions before, during or after, you can reach us at 831-223-5000 (chose option 3) or email us at email@example.com or come by City Hall to speak to someone at the front desk.
Financial Document Repository:
Our Finance Department tries to keep all our of publicly accessible documents related to the city’s finances in this repository. If there are documents you need that are not found below, please contact a member of the Finance Department for assistance or complete a Public Records request.