As our city grows and expands, we require talented, dedicated public servants help us provide all the services and programs the residents of Soledad require. Even if you do not have a background working in city governments, we would love for you to consider a career in public service.
We provide an easy upfront screening process to allow you to submit your resume and contact details first before moving on to the next step in hiring. Check below for all the open positions we have available.
Most jobs offer all these benefits
- Vacation – Ten (10) days per calendar year
- Sick Leave – Twelve (12) days per calendar year
- Holidays – Eleven (11) paid holidays, and one (1) floating holiday
- Paid Administrative Leave – up to 40 hours per fiscal year
- Modified Work Schedule – City offers 9/80 work schedule for most positions
- Insurance – City provides comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits for the employee and their dependents. Employee participates in premium cost. In addition, City pays the full premium for Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Retirement – City participates in the CalPERS Retirement System. Local Miscellaneous: 2% at 60 for Classic Members and 2% at 62 for New CalPERS (PEPRA) Members. Safety: 3% at 55 for Classic Members and 2.7% at 57 for New CalPERS (PEPRA) Members.
- Social Security – City participates in Social Security Program