The Human Resources office works under the direction of the City Manager for the City of Soledad. It is the goal of the Human Resources office to recruit, retain and develop employees by providing services that are customer responsive and cost-effective, aligned with the overall mission of the City and the priorities established by the City Council, by incorporating the best practices of the human resources profession. The Human Resources office is responsible for handling day to day business of Human Resources, including recruitment and selection, policies and procedures, training and development, workers’ compensation administration, benefits administration and labor/employment relations.
- Prepare the annual Classification and Compensation Plan after budget adoption each year.
- Provide employee communications on City Benefit Programs. Conduct annual benefit open enrollment each year.
- Prepare, and monitor all “Personnel Action Forms” (PAF’s) to communicate changes in employee pay and status with Finance/Payroll.
- Simplify, streamline and automate key HR business processes.
- Administer the Workers’ Compensation claims on behalf of the City.
Human Resources File Repository
HR uses this section to easily share all department related documents with the public. If there are missing or incomplete files here, please email our HR staff so they can correct. Job descriptions, personnel documents and salary schedules can be found here.