Special Needs ID Registry
The Special Needs Registry intends to increase mutual awareness, understanding, and communication between first responders and the Special Needs Community.
SPECIAL NEEDS ID BRACELETS FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH:
- Down Syndrome
- Other developmental disability
HOW IT WORKS
We have partnered up with If I Need Help to provide us with an updated profile of your loved one. If I Need Help provides special needs safety products (QR code ID bracelets, clothes patches, shoe tags, etc.) and a system to help reunite you with your loved ones if they wander or have issues communicating in a critical situation.
The information on the Special Needs Registry may help save time in an emergency and allow officers to access your loved one’s needs more efficiently.
- Please complete the questionnaire below if you want to be referred to If I Need Help.
- You will be contacted by If I Need Help to create an account and order a customized emergency kit that fits the needs of your loved one.
- Depending on the need, you may or may not have to purchase your emergency safety kit.
- Follow the instructions provided by If I Need Help.
The Special Needs ID Registry is intended to help Soledad Police Officers recognize and respond to community members with special needs. With your permission, the profile shared by If I Need Help will provide Officers with information about your loved one with special needs of any age who may require assistance in an emergency or other encounter with officers. The profile will be provided to our officers so they can access it promptly and efficiently during emergencies or contact.
BENEFITS OF AN ID REGISTRY BRACELET, PATCH, OR TAG:
A special needs ID bracelet, like a medical bracelet, can communicate to Good Samaritans, law enforcement, and first responders that the person has Autism or a medical condition if they are non-verbal and are prone to wander from a safe environment.